3 Advantages to Buying Property in Chile
- Economic Safety and Stability
– Chile holds the strongest sovereign bond rating in all of South America (CIA World Factbook) and recently became the first Latin American country to be admitted into the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
– Chile is known for having sound financial institutions and is listed at 7.2 out of 10 (10 being absolutely no corruption) on Transparency International’s 2010 Corruption Perception Index.
– Chile has experienced consistent growth in GDP and GDP Per Capita over the past decade and has proven resilient to the effects of the recent global financial crisis.
- Cheap and Easy
– Foreigners receive the same treatment from banks as Chilean citizens, there are no special regulations or obstacles for foreign buyers.
– Transaction costs are very low. According to Global Property Guides the total transaction cost of buying and selling the property is between 5.3-6.9% of the property’s value.
– Chile’s agricultural land is exceptional value and ranges from 3 to 10 times less than comparable land in North America and Europe.
- Wide Range of Unique Properties
– According to Chile Investments: There is a huge range of residential, commerical and agricultural real estate for sale in Chile that can suit the requirements of every investor, from seaside properties with stunning views over the Pacific, city apartments, mountain lodges, historic Colonial houses, hotels and lodges and country getaways amongst others.